Help! *Ducks won't go in pond with new aerator*

Wow, you are very fortunate to have such powerful ducks. I have had a coon get into my pen and eat two baby ducklings that were in a different section of the pen and not touch the big ducks but I don't think it was because my ducks were so strong. I think they were just lucky. It easily could have gotten to my others but decided not to. They claim most coons will go only after the duck food but my Son lost her whole flock of ducks and chickens to coons years ago. I have also had kids on my route tell me that they have seen a coon with two chickens, one in each hand strangling them. They caught it on their game cameras. They are usually vicious and a duck or chicken is usually no match for them.

"Ducks do not like change" Have you swam over the aerator? Did you swim under others while blowing bubbles as a kid? Can feel exhilarating along with bubbles hissing like the ocean surf! Do watch for snap turtles and take predator precautions. I'm guessing they'll be back in the water within a week; maybe withhold the kiddie pool. Aerators do boost the quality of a pond and keep it open during winter. You have a truly green shoreline and what a nice tint to the water.

Last edited:
well apparently they are stronger than you. but they are not stronger than predators.
They aren’t stronger than me at all. And the four dead raccoons and possums beg to differ. Our DUCKS are the reason they are dead. Point blank, period, case closed.

I would suggest you get some blue Swede!
I actually had two but they were Call Ducks so probably not any match. They were both boys so they got rehomed. Are yours males or females? Are they friendly? I have 2 Muscovy Hens, 2 Khaki Campbell Hens, A Mule Duck Hen, 2 Fawn and White Runner Ducks Hens, 2 Rouen Hens, 2 Mallard hens and I believe a Runner Mallard possibly drake and another Fawn and White Runner Possible Hen, too young to tell. I have two little Call Drakes.

Incredibly friendly. Mine are a blue Swede male and female then we have a giant pekin and three Campbell and two roosters who think they are ducks. They all sleep together under the coop they don’t like to be with the chickens. They watch what’s going on inside the privacy fence and scream even if people flash a light at night and alert us to come out. They know where my bedroom window is.

Incredibly friendly. Mine are a blue Swede male and female then we have a giant pekin and three Campbell and two roosters who think they are ducks. They all sleep together under the coop they don’t like to be with the chickens. They watch what’s going on inside the privacy fence and scream even if people flash a light at night and alert us to come out. They know where my bedroom window is.
I know Roosters can be tough. Do you know for sure it was the Swedes that did the killing? Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom