Help! *Ducks won't go in pond with new aerator*

Krosnick

In the Brooder
Feb 8, 2023
Hello! So I have a pretty large pond in my backyard and I have 9 ducks. They all range from a couple years to 4 months old. I just bought an aerator to place in their pond so they will have better a quality pond and I live in Michigan so I won't have to worry about them too much in the winter for bathing. All my ladies won't even go near the pond! I have turned off the aerator, tried treats, and nothing is working. I had to bust out a kiddie pool and fill it with the hose. It has been about 3-4 days since we place the aerator in. Should I remove the aerator and try again? Do I leave them all be for another few days and see if they will all go back in? They are even terrified walking around the pond to get into the coop where their duck feed is. I feel so bad they are all terrified. They free range in the back yard and don't ever get locked up in their coop. They are real spoiled. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Here is a picture of my girls and pond

Attachments

• image000000.JPG
    image000000.JPG
    544.6 KB · Views: 114
We have had a couple racoons and opossum, but they go after my feed, not the ducks. I haven't seen a predator since early spring! They are so spoiled
they really need to be protected from predators,, especially at night., they should be in a secure coop.
everything knows that ducks are delicious. I hate to say this but its only a matter of time. Ive read far too many horror stories on here.:hit

they really need to be protected from predators,, especially at night., they should be in a secure coop.
everything knows that ducks are delicious. I hate to say this but its only a matter of time. Ive read far too many horror stories on here.:hit
Anything attacking my ducks would be sorry. My ducks are very aggressive and hate being cooped. I agree with poster on not taking away freedom and cooping them up. Mine have scared raccoons and possums several times

Back
Top Bottom