HELP EGG DROPPED LITS OF BLEEDING!! After internal pip

How big is the crack and can could you take a picture?
IMG_6917.JPG

This doesn't worry me too much, as I've had this happen to many of my chicks due to them dropping or the mother stepping on them. The blood you see is most likely a vein or two; as this chick progresses in the hatching progress these will slowly get absorbed. The fact that the chick is still chirping is an extremely good sign. Are the eggs under a hen or in an incubator? Try to keep that side of the egg up so the chick can absorb all of the blood and yolk. Do not try to assist the chick in hatching in any way, unless it is necessary. This will just lead to the chick being more stressed. A few years ago, I made the mistake of helping a chick hatch out when it was still absorbing the yolk and blood. It came out with a huge hernia and a ton of vessels were still in the egg. The rooster is fine now, but I just want to warn you of the possible risk of death. Pretty sure you don't want that! Just try to leave the egg be for a few hours, checking on it periodically, but not touching it unless needed. I'm assuming you have an incubator, so just try to let it hatch on it's own. Hope this helps!! Best of luck :)

:D:)
This doesn't worry me too much, as I've had this happen to many of my chicks due to them dropping or the mother stepping on them. The blood you see is most likely a vein or two; as this chick progresses in the hatching progress these will slowly get absorbed. The fact that the chick is still chirping is an extremely good sign. Are the eggs under a hen or in an incubator? Try to keep that side of the egg up so the chick can absorb all of the blood and yolk. Do not try to assist the chick in hatching in any way, unless it is necessary. This will just lead to the chick being more stressed. A few years ago, I made the mistake of helping a chick hatch out when it was still absorbing the yolk and blood. It came out with a huge hernia and a ton of vessels were still in the egg. The rooster is fine now, but I just want to warn you of the possible risk of death. Pretty sure you don't want that! Just try to leave the egg be for a few hours, checking on it periodically, but not touching it unless needed. I'm assuming you have an incubator, so just try to let it hatch on it's own. Hope this helps!! Best of luck :)
This was sooooo unbelievably helpful and a great breath of relief as this is my only egg. The other chick was not in the proper gagging position and died.

Back
Top Bottom