HELP! Egg pipping the small end!

It's day 20 and my first egg is pipping!! But it's at the small end? Is it ok should I just leave it? Or is there something I should do?
Leave it, just keep an eye on it. Many malepositioned chicks hatch out perfectly fine on their own while others need assistance. Give it 16-18 hours. If it hasn't made any progress by then, expand the pip hole to asses it's position, (if you can do so without causeing bleeding). as long as the foot isn't above it's head or anything noticeably funky, put it back in and give it 24 hours before attempting an assits. Malepositioned pippers often take longer because they are skipping a step (the internal pip) that usually gives them a rest time and helps strengthen their lungs. They also are more cramped so it may take extra work. If by 24 hours there is no progress and you can do so without causeing bleeding, you can consider an assist.

My humidity was steady between 60-65% i till now. It is sitting at 58% right now And I can't seem to get it up. Will the humidity be high enough or is there something I should do. I have a cookie sheet full of water in there and I can't fit anything bigger. I have tried using a pray bottle and spraying though the vent holes and that brings is up a little but only for a few minutes...

My humidity was steady between 60-65% i till now. It is sitting at 58% right now And I can't seem to get it up. Will the humidity be high enough or is there something I should do. I have a cookie sheet full of water in there and I can't fit anything bigger. I have tried using a pray bottle and spraying though the vent holes and that brings is up a little but only for a few minutes...
What kind of incubator do you have? Have you tried a wet sponge or two?

I have no idea what it is, it's and old as the hills metal one. Still air. My humidity is down to 55% now. I have not tried sponges because they won't fit under the floor. Plus I'm scared to open it:/ I used a long wet q tip through one of the vent holes to moisten the pipped area, I have no idea if that was the right thing to do or not but it was starting to look dried out

I have no idea what it is, it's and old as the hills metal one. Still air. My humidity is down to 55% now. I have not tried sponges because they won't fit under the floor. Plus I'm scared to open it:/ I used a long wet q tip through one of the vent holes to moisten the pipped area, I have no idea if that was the right thing to do or not but it was starting to look dried out
I put my sponges right up on my screen with my eggs. Yes, if you think it looks like it's drying out moisten it. Dry membranes will turn brownish/yellow and if the inside membrane dries out it can become glued to the chick and keep it from making progress.

It's been 14 hours and he has made no pregress whatsoever. Doesn't really even seem to by trying anymore. If he is still the same in the morning I think I will help it out a little.

Back
Top Bottom