HELP! (Emergency) Chick dying

Pics
It almost looks... neurological.
How hot is it in there? Is the other one panting? Or is it actually open mouth breathing? A video of that would help too.
Poor baby. I'm sure she's uncofortable.
Where did you get these chicks again?
It's the right temperature, and they only breathe open mouth sometimes. They definitely are uncomfortable. :(

I got them both from Tractor Supply.

Hey guys, quick update. I woke up this morning to both of them eating (or trying to eat) from their food. One of them seems to be doing a lot better, but the one is still acting strange. I found some food stuck in the bottom and roof of the inside of her beak and got it out. I gave her some more electrolytes and made the food into mush. She didn't act like she liked the electrolytes because after I fed her, she started doing the gasping with her mouth.

A red lamp most of the time is 250 watts, and that could be too hot for them. Setting an inexpensive thermometer in the floor under the warmest part of the brooder will tell you a temperature. How many days old are they?

A red lamp most of the time is 250 watts, and that could be too hot for them. Setting an inexpensive thermometer in the floor under the warmest part of the brooder will tell you a temperature. How many days old are they?
I have a thermometer for them, they are 2 weeks old now, and the temperature is good for them.

Back
Top Bottom