HELP! EMERGENCY! Chicken acting lethargic and poop is green and watery.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Ameraucanas, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Ameraucanas

Ameraucanas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2015
    About 3 days ago, she pooped a big green and yellow diarrhea poop that has been stuck all over her vent feathers. She has also been acting lethargic, but we just thought that was because of the heat. The poop was still stuck on her vent area today, so I gave her a bath and flushed her vent area out with saline solution. Then, when she was outside in a pen, drying, she pooped and it was almost pure water with a greenish tint to it. She's still acting really lethargic. She used to be the boss, but now the other chickens can easily push her around. Luckily, they aren't but that's how weak she is. Please, please, please help. If anyone has ANY advice, please tell me. Thanks.

2. Cacique500

Cacique500 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2013
    Atlanta, Georgia
    If you think it's heat related can you temporarily move her indoors to cool off? Do you have any save-a-chick electrolyte you can put in her water?

1 person likes this.
  3. Ameraucanas

Ameraucanas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2015
    I'm going to get electrolytes just in case, but I don't really think it's heat related, as she's been fine through the past summers, but we'll get some just in case.

4. Cacique500

Cacique500 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2013
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Good luck with it and keep everybody posted!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by