Help!!!! EMERGENCY, White crust on comb of White Sussex!

-Isla June-

Songster
Apr 8, 2022
Franklin TN.
I made the crazy title so that it catches people’s attention... my white Sussex chicken, about a year old has some small white bumps on her comb. I have been looking at fowl pox, wet and dry. But none seem to look just like it. She seems to be acting fine. We haven’t changed the food in a while, and we give her all natural, healthy food. I live in a warm area, so it’s not frostbite. I need more ideas as I have researched a lot already. She is combined with other chickens. Should I remove her? Thanks!

I made the crazy title so that it catches people’s attention... my white Sussex chicken, about a year old has some small white bumps on her comb. I have been looking at fowl pox, wet and dry. But none seem to look just like it. She seems to be acting fine. We haven’t changed the food in a while, and we give her all natural, healthy food. I live in a warm area, so it’s not frostbite. I need more ideas as I have researched a lot already. She is combined with other chickens. Should I remove her? Thanks!
I have a rooster that gets white areas on the comb, and I guess its some fungal type of infection. I just clean it with a toothbrush and scrub it with coconut oil, and it goes away for a while, but the spots return eventually. His comb is a walnut type, and he is the only chicken to have to be born with that type of comb, so he is the only one that gets the spots.

If you can provide a photo it will help.
Screenshot_20220524-080136_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom