Help..! Expected disease..!abnormal dropings

Elixafar

Chirping
Jan 19, 2021
Hi, i had 7 Australorp and one unknown breed hens... They are all adult but not laying (may be bacause of molting).
Their overall health seems ok to me. They are eating and drinking normal..
But some girls have watery poops and some had other strange poops... These dropings don't look normal to me.... Kindly help me.
IMG_20210128_132111.jpg

IMG_20210128_132111.jpg
IMG_20210128_130410.jpg
IMG_20210128_130301.jpg
IMG_20210128_132130.jpg

IMG_20210128_132409.jpg

IMG_20210128_132355.jpg

IMG_20210128_132258.jpg

Hello,
By far I'm no expert, actually really new to the world of chickens (although I did jump in head first)
I have seen green droppings in my hens if they've eaten alot grass or interestingly enough, purple cabbage.

The second one is similar to poops I've seen when my girls had coccidiosis.

Edited to add: Chickens also have a ceacal poop once a day that can look like that which, from what I understand, is totally normal.

Here is a chart that has helped me identify problem droppings that I've gotten off of here;

https://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=17568.0

How are the chickens acting otherwise?

Hopefully somebody more knowledgeable and experienced will chime in, but figured my experience couldn't hurt.

https://the-chicken-chick.com/whats-scoop-on-chicken-poop-digestive/

This is another source for pictures of what are or are not normal poops.

If you still need information, can you please tell us:

What you feed your birds, including any treats
Any medications you have given
Where you're located (general area/state; climate can play a big role in advice)
Anything else that seems like it might be pertinent

Hi shivibear,
Thanks for replying. Chickens are doing ok.I don't see any change in their behaviour.

I am feeding them layer feed with some scratch.
From Pakistan.
I had buyed these girls just week ago.The guy from which i get them was feeding them green fodder and some corn...

I am feeding them layer feed with some scratch.
From Pakistan.
I had buyed these girls just week ago.The guy from which i get them was feeding them green fodder and some corn...

I'm sure a sudden change in location and feed can cause abnormal droppings (if their droppings are indeed abnormal, I am honestly not experienced enough to know the nuances)

Do you know whether the previous ownerb dewormed your beautiful girls recently?

Is there any way you could get their poop tested for parasites?
No need for an avaian vet for that, I go to my regular small animal vet and they do a fecal float for $22 bucks.

Oh, and welcome to BYC! You have some beautiful hens there, I totally get you wanting to make sure they're healthy and happy....

I'm sure a sudden change in location and feed can cause abnormal droppings (if their droppings are indeed abnormal, I am honestly not experienced enough to know the nuances)

Do you know whether the previous ownerb dewormed your beautiful girls recently?

Is there any way you could get their poop tested for parasites?
No need for an avaian vet for that, I go to my regular small animal vet and they do a fecal float for $22 bucks.

Oh, and welcome to BYC! You have some beautiful hens there, I totally get you wanting to make sure they're healthy and happy....
He has not dewormed them. Yeah, i will take their poops tommorow for test. We have a Government poultry lab near to me.They will do it for free.
And thank u for welcoming me. I will learn many things from this backyard chickens family...

We have a Government poultry lab near to me.They will do it for free.

Wow, that's cool, what a helpful resource!

And yes, the community here is amazing...I really am not sure what I would do without it.
Am working on giving back to it as it has been indispensable to keeping my chickens well and happy!

Keep us updated about you find out!

Back
Top Bottom