HELP!!!! FED VACCINATED CHICKS, MEDICATED FEED!!!

Southern Chickens

Songster
12 Years
Mar 11, 2007
NorthWest Florida
My twin sister just got an order from McM. She unknowly fed them the medicated feed! She just took them off, she said they are all dying! Does anyone know anything that she can do to save the few that she has left? Thanks in advance for any replys.

Vaccinated for what? McM can vaccinate for several things. If they got the coccidia vaccine, they shouldn't get sick when eating medicated feed, it just should not be necessary. Are these chicken chicks?

Do they have bloody diarrhea?
Has your sister kept chicks before? Are the temps ok? Clean water?
What are they doing exactly?

I agree with the above post. What exactly is going on? Eating the medicated chick feed (if they are chickens) should not hurt a thing. There must be some other reason they are getting weak/sick. We need more info.

I just love threads like this..
the OP comes on like it is a real emergency, and then just leaves..
I am beginning to think that a lot of these threads are hoaxes..

no information,,,, no answers to concerned peoples' questions..

this is not the only one like it..

Love my Critters! :

I agree with the above post. What exactly is going on? Eating the medicated chick feed (if they are chickens) should not hurt a thing. There must be some other reason they are getting weak/sick. We need more info.

I agree the medicated feed shouldn't be harmful to the chicks there must be something else causeing them to die.
Are they warm enough do they have clean water and are they drinking.​

Quote:
OH i agree
thumbsup.gif

She has kept chicks before, many times. We were raised on a chicken farm. She had them vaccinated for Mareks and coccidiosis.

They are Bantams and the water, temp and stool all are OK. I am not 100% sure what they are doing! She said that they are all dying. I will try to get her to tell me more, she is very upset, along with my nephew!
sad.png

Without more information it's impossible to determine what's going on with the chicks.
That said, one thing is certain, they're not dying from having eaten medicated feed.

Quote:
OH i agree
thumbsup.gif

SORRY! I AM AT WOOK AND TRING TO HELP MY SISTER IN A TIME THAT SHE IS IN NEED! I GOT BACK AS QUICK AS I COULD!

She said, they are not drinking and they fall over on their backs and die! 26 are dead so far!!

I'm Sorry thats still not enough info we can't help if theres no symptoms and you say they are just falling over dying.
idunno.gif

I don't know what to tell you but it is not the feed causeing it
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom