HELP feed delivered/FULL OF BUGS!!!

pjknust

Chirping
8 Years
May 2, 2011
Texas
I just got a bag of Soy free grain. I opened the box and it had bugs on the bag, I opened the bag and it has bugs crawling all over
Im not one to return things, just wont buy again. It was $25 for feed and $25 to ship.
What do I do with this feed??????? I took it outside. I was going to keep it inside to keep it fresh.... heres a quote.......

""providing a high-quality feed product that is free from soy and non-GMO. We strive to include as many healthy ingredients as possible, to give your chickens a""

pam in TX

Call the company you got it from and report the bugs.. they may send you another bag that hopefully will be bug free. I'd take some pictures, just in case.

Bugs deplete the nutrition in the feed and they grind it to powder. Paying that much, you should get what you pay for, not a bag of bugs. Bugs in feed is not the same as them finding bugs on the ground. The feed is not fresh and you deserve a refund or replacement.

I emailed them, however I dont want anymore from them. If this bag is full of bugs, their whole warehouse probably is....
So much for soy free/ natural food....
I will just keep buying ordinary feed from my local feed store.

In the meantime, What do I do with this feed???? Where do I put it???? I sure dont want these bug to take up residence here at my house!!

Can I ask which mill you got it from? I need to order more soy free and want to make sure I don't order the same bug infested food. I get mine from a miller in California.

all grain and grain products have bugs in them.. just may be bug eggs that haven't hatched yet.. everything from a box of pancake mix.. to a loaf of bread.. to a bag of flour or dog food

the key is that the eggs don't hatch unless that grain product has been sitting for a while..

knowing that.. it tells me that the bag of feed has been sitting for quite a while.. which means that the nutritional value of the feed has already degraded..

Don't throw it out until you hear back from the company.. if they offer a replacement politely decline and ask for a refund instead

Its a white bag, I took a few pictures of a bugs on the outside. They are crawling all over the feed. I drug box and all out to the road, I will dump across the road later today when I have time. I cant burn it, we are in terrible drought and burn ban.
I dont want anymore, Im so mad I dont give a fig about replacement or refund. I will never do this again. Its FULL of bugs! And the feed supposed to have DE in it.

Thats a shame, it was packed so well with bubble wrap. Better than any bag of dog food I have ever ordered. It came from right here in TX, 3 hr away from me.

how awful!!

Back
Top Bottom