Help first chickens

ogin

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 20, 2013
Me and my wife bought 10 day-old chicks a week ago and one of them has been acting strange today. When she lays down she goes to her side and seems to have a hard time breathing. Also she is very raspy or crackley in her breathing and sneezes or coughs frequently. when she's standing she doesn't look stable. Stool looks normal and she is eating and I gave her some scrambled egg for a protein boost. She is currently separated from the rest. Any ideas of what this might be and if its ok for her to go back in the main brooder?

No she is fine on that department just the raspy breathing/coughing. No real discharge at nose or eyes. I've listen to a few other chicks breathing some have the sound when they breath but no strange behavior like her

I am fairly new to raising chicks but I just had two baby chicks do this to me before. One died on me but the other did not. I made sure the chick was getting enough water and food and removed it from the others so it could have its own source of food and water incase it was contagious and incase it was getting bulled and not able to get enough food and water. I made sure it had enough heat also. I would cup it in my hand under the heat light also to get it enough heat.

Back
Top Bottom