HELP First time hatching! how can I tell ducks position massive saddle air sack & worried PICTURES

Omg! Congratulations hun!
She’s beautiful!!
I’m currently in the same situation with my duck in a largely saddled egg and I’m worried sick!
He’s still moving but hasn’t pipped. He’s a Muscovy so it takes between 34-37 days to hatch but it’s day 37.

I’m so happy to hear you’re baby is doing great!
God bless,
Amy ❤️

Attachments

• 4153724E-38C7-433B-A6FB-011C426D1626.jpeg
    4153724E-38C7-433B-A6FB-011C426D1626.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 4
  • D37119F5-F2CD-4652-9DF8-E489033B71F7.jpeg
    D37119F5-F2CD-4652-9DF8-E489033B71F7.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 3
She’s beautiful!!
I’m currently in the same situation with my duck in a largely saddled egg and I’m worried sick!
He’s still moving but hasn’t pipped. He’s a Muscovy so it takes between 34-37 days to hatch but it’s day 37.

God bless,
Amy ❤️
Have you made a thread for this concern? I'd post about it in the duck section, if you haven't already. You might get some advice for it

Is your thermometer calibrated?

She’s beautiful!!

God bless,
Amy ❤️
Ooh and side note- if you can make the room darker, or wait until night time, candle again and take more photos- it will be clearer to see what's going on inside the egg if the room is dark.

She’s beautiful!!

God bless,
Amy ❤️
Hiya! Sorry for the late reply we’ve been away & the signal was awful couldnt load a thing! Has it hatched yet? Cx

Ooh and side note- if you can make the room darker, or wait until night time, candle again and take more photos- it will be clearer to see what's going on inside the egg if the room is dark.
Hi!

Ok, I’ll do that right away. It’s day 37 today and Muscovy eggs hatch between 34-38 days.
I’m starting to get REALLY scared!
I know I need to candle to check on him, but as of last night he was still alive and trying hard to internally pip.

Thank you so much for your help.
Amy

Have you made a thread for this concern? I'd post about it in the duck section, if you haven't already. You might get some advice for it

Is your thermometer calibrated?
Hi!

I did make a post in “Hatching and Incubating.” But not in the duck section. I didn’t even know there was a duck section. Lol!
The thermometer’s are calibrated as well.
I’m going to post another thread if he’s still alive when I candle him.
I know I shouldn’t touch the egg during lockdown, but I absolutely have to check on him!! I’m worried sick!

Thank you so much!

Hi!

I did make a post in “Hatching and Incubating.” But not in the duck section. I didn’t even know there was a duck section. Lol!
The thermometer’s are calibrated as well.
I’m going to post another thread if he’s still alive when I candle him.
I know I shouldn’t touch the egg during lockdown, but I absolutely have to check on him!! I’m worried sick!

Thank you so much!
The incubating section is fine too! I only suggested the duck section due to a couple people over there who are good with incubating ducks specifically. But I did glance over the thread earlier and I see those people already spotted it anyway!

I know the feeling of being worried, hatching is more stressful than people often think! It's easy to become attached before they even hatch. It's completely understandable, I have my fingers crossed for him!!!

I'll give one piece of advice, and that's to glance over the egg occasionally. You dont need to pick it up, but just keep an eye on it. If a baby is malpositioned, they may pip outside of the air cell but struggle to get through the shell. This isn't always, but if you notice a dark bruise appear on the shell, that would indicate he's trying to pip through it. If that happens, let me know or mention it in the other thread, we can help you to deal with the situation should it arise.
He may not do this, he's hopefully in the correct position, he should be. Just a tip, to look out for

Hi!

Ok, I’ll do that right away. It’s day 37 today and Muscovy eggs hatch between 34-38 days.
I’m starting to get REALLY scared!
I know I need to candle to check on him, but as of last night he was still alive and trying hard to internally pip.

Thank you so much for your help.
Amy
I haven't hatched muscovy, but one of mine only began pipping on day 28 (due date), she didn't actually hatch out fully until day 31-32!!
There are a few reasons why late hatches occur, but try not to panick yet! These babies are on their own timetable

I haven't hatched muscovy, but one of mine only began pipping on day 28 (due date), she didn't actually hatch out fully until day 31-32!!
There are a few reasons why late hatches occur, but try not to panick yet! These babies are on their own timetable
Let’s hope so! I’m so nervous and worried about my little girl who’s obsessed with “her baby egg!” We would both be gutted if this baby doesn’t make it..

Back
Top Bottom