Help for my polish pullet

City Chicks 13

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 7, 2014
Ok today I woke up to find one of my polish pullets acting funny. When I found her she was crumpled up in between the roost and the side door to the coop. I set her out in the run and realized something was wrong. She can't stand and shoots backwards on her hocks flapping her wings when she moves. Upon further examination one pupil is contracted and the other is normal, other than that her eyes are normal. When I checked her legs one has normal movement and feeling and the other does not have that much feeling or movement. When she sits both of her legs are stretched out in front and the toes are setting normal. She is not interested in her food and water. Is there any thing I can do for her to make her better? Is there any thing I can do to prevent this in the others which are all fine? Is this a head injury or something else?

Ok today I woke up to find one of my polish pullets acting funny. When I found her she was crumpled up in between the roost and the side door to the coop. I set her out in the run and realized something was wrong. She can't stand and shoots backwards on her hocks flapping her wings when she moves. Upon further examination one pupil is contracted and the other is normal, other than that her eyes are normal. When I checked her legs one has normal movement and feeling and the other does not have that much feeling or movement. When she sits both of her legs are stretched out in front and the toes are setting normal. She is not interested in her food and water. Is there any thing I can do for her to make her better? Is there any thing I can do to prevent this in the others which are all fine? Is this a head injury or something else?
I see this an old thread but I was wondering what happened to your pullet? I found it to be called wry neck either caused by a head injury (probably a hard peck in the head) or a vitamin deficiency . From what I read chickens with the puffy heads are susceptible.

Back
Top Bottom