Help found distressed pigeon in the front yard. seems hurt what to do?

bahamas

Songster
10 Years
Jan 16, 2010
Hey guys
I found this grey pigeon in the yard. He/ she was a little closer to me than domestic pigeons normally get . went closer tried to get away but couldn't flu. The legs r fine as it tried to run occasionally tumbling. i caught her or him and put it in the coop. I have no chickens so she will be ok there. I noticed while looking at it this. Do you know how after extending its wind a bird pulls it in close to it body almost as if its apart of it. i noticed whit its left wing it want quite positioned correctly it was a little off.

What can i do to fix it. i will take care of it as long as i can for her or jim to get better . What can be done ?

i would suggest to get a pic of the bird to help others see what is wrong. it sounds like it could be broken or not working the wing muscles correctly-strained them possibly?

he said its been eating
tongue.png

Chickie'sMoma :

i would suggest to get a pic of the bird to help others see what is wrong. it sounds like it could be broken or not working the wing muscles correctly-strained them possibly?

Yes, if you can bahamas please try to take a photo and then maybe we can figure out if the wing can be fixed.

In the meantime make sure the pigeon has access to food + water... I'm sure you must be feeding the bird but I didn't see a mention of it in your post.
wink.png

guys sorry didnt now u guys posted. kept it there and fed it. went ti check this morning. went to pet her. she flew aont to wire at the other end.later today i'll relese her. Shes fixed. ! yay !

Back
Top Bottom