Help found distressed pigeon in the front yard. seems hurt what to do?

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by bahamas, Jun 17, 2010.

1. bahamas

bahamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Hey guys
    I found this grey pigeon in the yard. He/ she was a little closer to me than domestic pigeons normally get . went closer tried to get away but couldn't flu. The legs r fine as it tried to run occasionally tumbling. i caught her or him and put it in the coop. I have no chickens so she will be ok there. I noticed while looking at it this. Do you know how after extending its wind a bird pulls it in close to it body almost as if its apart of it. i noticed whit its left wing it want quite positioned correctly it was a little off.

What can i do to fix it. i will take care of it as long as i can for her or jim to get better . What can be done ?

2. Barred Rocks forever

Barred Rocks forever Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland
    bump

3. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    Does it have a band on a leg?

4. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    i would suggest to get a pic of the bird to help others see what is wrong. it sounds like it could be broken or not working the wing muscles correctly-strained them possibly?

5. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    does it eat anything after you caught it?

6. GlitterKitty

GlitterKitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    he said its been eating [​IMG]

7. alienbaby

alienbaby New Egg

Aug 14, 2009
    Chickie'sMoma :

i would suggest to get a pic of the bird to help others see what is wrong. it sounds like it could be broken or not working the wing muscles correctly-strained them possibly?

Yes, if you can bahamas please try to take a photo and then maybe we can figure out if the wing can be fixed.

In the meantime make sure the pigeon has access to food + water... I'm sure you must be feeding the bird but I didn't see a mention of it in your post. [​IMG]

8. bahamas

bahamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    guys sorry didnt now u guys posted. kept it there and fed it. went ti check this morning. went to pet her. she flew aont to wire at the other end.later today i'll relese her. Shes fixed. ! yay !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by