Help!!! found this baby hiding under my truck.... not sure if its a turkey or chicken, or if its a w

You can see his broken beak in this last pic... poor baby
He's starting to get some brown feathers... any thoughts on breed?
Isn't he turning into such a handsome boy???

He looks AMAZING! I'm glad he's recovered so well. As for breed, my guess is that he's a mix but someone else may have a much better idea about what breed he could be. It's a good sign that your roo wasn't the least bit bothered by him but you may end up with a permanent house chicken anyway

Yes, He has come a long way. He looks so much better. That's what Love did for him! I agree, I would say Leghorn or perhaps White Plymouth Rock. Not certain though. He has some BIG feet! LOL!!! You have done a Great Job! Thank you for sharing!

Oh, so glad to see him doing well! An established flock can be so mean to a newcomer sometimes.
They might leave him alone when he becomes a big boy.. Then, he won't leave them alone :)

Thanks for the kind words everyone I am also thinking white leghorn cross, as for integrating him into the flock... I don't know if it will ever work, I have a feeling he will be a permanent house chicken who goes to an outside pen during the day...he seems to think he already belongs to a which includes my family and my full grown German shepherd who also seems to think he is part of her pack. Lol

Thanks for the update and new pictures of Capone. He is really growing and turning into such a handsome boy. Thanks so much for loving and taking such good care of him.

patty

Back
Top Bottom