Help!!! found this baby hiding under my truck.... not sure if its a turkey or chicken, or if its a w

Ahhh... what a neat story!!!! Good she found such a kind hearted person such as yourself...

Don't tell her I asked this, but can a vulture cross breed with a chicken... Holy cow she has the face of a vulture!!
hide.gif

Last edited:
She looks great from the 1st pic!! and does not loo like a chick either, I would guess someone has a flock of modern game chickens and she was the unlucky one the hawk got. :/ So lucky you found her, and is caring for her though!

Thanks for showing us some new pictures, she/he is really looking better. Have you named this little one yet?

No name yet, any suggestions? Thank you all for the kind words! And it is super hard caring for this baby along with my 5 yr old who is heading to kindergarten in a few weeks, my 1 yr old who seems to be into everything, and my existing flock of 4 hens (2 Rhode island reds and 2 barred rocks) and 1 silver laced wyandotte rooster....... my 4 yr old german shepherd is the biggest helper though! :D

How about Hedwig......it is a German female given name, which originates from Old High German Hadwig, Haduwig (hadu meaning "battle", and wig meaning "fight)".......(s)he has had to battle and fight for its life and to stay alive.

Last edited:
I'm thinking "Lucky" is fitting. Little guy/girl was lucky to find you and you're lucky to have her!

I kinda like "Blessing". You're a blessing to her, and she's been a blessing to you - teaching you so much and bringing so many people together from all over. She looks so much better, and that's all thanks to you. Good job!

I love this story. What a wonder person you are for caring for this beautiful little bird. I love the name Blessings it really fits her to a T. Please keep us updated on her progress and god bless you.

patty

Back
Top Bottom