HELP*** Frostbite or normal?

I believe it is her coloring are you in a horribly cold state ?
I’m in southern Wisconsin. Last night was -29.. and the day before that was -20. But the lowest their coop got was 7* otherwise it’s been around 20*. I’ve kept them in the past two days in the coop. With windchill it was -55. Nobody else has this going on.

If you have a spare tooth brush try scrubbing the feet because sometimes dirt can get underneath or like stated above it could just be her color my silkie for instance my healthy one has th e

I really think it's just coloring of the feet like @penny1960 says. But if we're wrong, then you will find out by morning.

This is what frostbite on feet looks like

I would not scrub the feet, but continue to watch. Bring him inside. There can be some burning on one side of the foot with frostbite, that may discolor the feet. That part may eventually peel off if it is frostbite, but if it is scraubbing would cause more damage. If you have betadine iodine, you can put a little on the area or just leave it alone if you cannot bring him inside. If it is just staining or normal color, that will be apparent eventually as well.

Frostbite is caused by getting the feet wet from spills or waterers during freezing weather. They also can easily get it by roosting on metal, such as a garbage can or metal roost bars.

Back
Top Bottom