Help Getting Pictures Please

cluckcluckgirl

Queen of the Coop
11 Years
Jun 16, 2012
Tending to my chickens
I've looked on the breeds section on here and I've narrowed it down to 2 breeds my new chicks might be, Golden Sex Links and Gold Stars. However, the pictures at the bottom of the screen won't show, so I can't see for sure the different feather patterns between a rooster and a hen of both breeds. Does anyone have a rooster and/or hen picture of a Golden Sex Link or Gold Star so I can see? I've observed 2 completely different feather patterns on the chicks we have, so I'm curious. Help is appreciated.

Just to clarify, Gold Sex-Links and Gold Stars are the same breed, or rather, a crossbreed. Gold Sex-Links are known as Gold Stars, and also Red Sex-Links, Golden Comets, Red Stars, and Cinnamon Queens.

Here are some photos I got from Feathersite.com, showing what a female Gold Sex-Link and male Gold Sex-Link look like:

Eric8Mos.JPEG
Red Sex-Link male.

Cheryle8Mos.JPEG
Red Sex-Link female.

Of course, there will be some variation in color, depending on which breeds exactly were used in the cross. but, they should all look mostly like this.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for the help.

3 of my chicks have the white feathers at the bottom of their necks like the hen picture. One is a nice cream color, but I've noticed that s/he is maturing slower than the other 3. Is it typical of this breed for the roosters to mature slower (if it even is a roo)?

I've never actually raised them myself, so I wouldn't know whether they naturally mature slower. Being a production cross, they are bred to mature quite quickly. Some chicks, even within a breed, will take longer to mature. As long as they are all the reddish color they should be, they are females (provided they are first generation Red Sex-Link crosses).

Thank you for the help.

3 of my chicks have the white feathers at the bottom of their necks like the hen picture. One is a nice cream color, but I've noticed that s/he is maturing slower than the other 3. Is it typical of this breed for the roosters to mature slower (if it even is a roo)?

Could you post a picture of your chicks?
Sexlinks are given that name because their gender is distinguishable at hatching, by their color.
Also, where did you get the chicks?

Here is one of my red sexlink hens. Red sexlink hens can be dark red with white undertones, to buff with white undertones.

Back
Top Bottom