Help! Giant Cochin Rooster or Hen?

When do Cochin roos reach their full weight and height?
Blue (my blue cochin) seems to be small compaired to my Barred rock hens and red sex links. Hes even shorter than my polish roo Elvis.i know they tend to be a stauky breed but i was told hed get big. Hes under 6 months i think.

When do Cochin roos reach their full weight and height?
Blue (my blue cochin) seems to be small compaired to my Barred rock hens and red sex links. Hes even shorter than my polish roo Elvis.i know they tend to be a stauky breed but i was told hed get big. Hes under 6 months i think.

The giant breeds (Cochins, Brahmas, and Jersey Giants) are slower to mature than other breeds. I have all three of these giant breeds over the years and they frequently do not reach their full weight and height until they are more than 2 years old.

Oh ok thank you. I have never had or been atound a cochin before. He is very nice (not affecionate or anything) but he is not aggressive and seems to be doing well with a few of the ladies as of just recently.
Thanks again.:)

I'd love help too please
frow.gif
My friend gave me this beauty because we think he's a rooster and she has too many. But he doesn't crow, he's shy and is not interested in the hens... probably about 7 months old. Here are pix:

Thank you!

Last edited:
My guess is that this is definitely a Rooster based on the saddle feathers. He does look young. My Cochin Rooster just started mating with a few hens last week. I'm so proud! He is starting to act more "manly" and confident. He has not crowed yet, but he is slowly getting more vocal with low growls. Yours will eventually starting crowing and mating..like someone else said earlier in the thread, this bread matures very slowly. He's beautiful by the way!

I'd love help too please
frow.gif
My friend gave me this beauty because we think he's a rooster and she has too many. But he doesn't crow, he's shy and is not interested in the hens... probably about 7 months old. Here are pix:

Thank you!
You are correct. He is definitely a rooster; but certainly a beautiful one.

Back
Top Bottom