HELP!!!! goat had kid! I didn't know she was pregnant!!

So far all are well and the other goat I got from the same farm had a kid this afternoon, so now I have 2 doelings!! Everytime I open the door to the goat shed I find a kid! I am not opening the door anymore
tongue.png
lau.gif
You are lucky you got all girls. Enjoy.

It r
aaaaawwwwww! How did they do? I've seen videos on youtube of dehorning and it has officially traumatized me.

It really wasn't that bad, maybe cuz the vet does it a lot or maybe the equipment? But they were running around in minutes like nothing happened :)

Quote: Yep have 4 now, my intent was to start milking them, I bought 2 does and I had this whole plan in place and I was just trying to get them a little tamer and my supplies gathered before I started that plan and then I got the 2 surprises! So now I haven't even tried to milk them it is so cold here and the shed is dirty and its like 0 degrees here. I have to revamp my plan LOL
big_smile.png

I made a little room in the corner of the garage my milk room. Put in a space heater, made a wood shipping crate into the worlds easiest milk stand in about 5 minutes, its not to bad. One of my does was bought as a 3rd time freshoner and I was the first to milk her. It took a few weeks for her to get into the routine, but we're doing ok now.

Back
Top Bottom