HELP! Goose swallowed small diamond.

countryladyNH

Crowing
8 Years
Feb 22, 2016
New Hampshire USA
My Coop
My Coop
My goose is 4 months old so pretty much adult size. Just now she grabbed the little diamond out of my engagement ring and swallowed it. I saw it happen but it was too fast. This was the diamond, not the ring. Nothing sharp, etc. Diamond was perhaps 1/2 ct. or less---small. We have just isolated her into a doghouse size mini coop we have with a white sheet vinyl floor. I don't THINK this would harm her but we want the diamond so we planned to keep her in there with a bucket of water until she poops it out. We've gone through 2 poops already since this happened which it pretty stupid I guess, because it's literally only been like 20 min. ago. Does anyone have any idea of how long it might take for this to pass through her system??? Appreciate any answers. Thank you.

i don’t know how long but thank God it was just a small diamond and not anything metal . my best guess is a couple of hours
Yes, I am so grateful it wasn't anything else! One of the prong tips had broken (missing before this) and so grateful she only got the diamond. We're going out and going through poops about every hour until dark. We'll then check tomorrow AM and hope we get it!

My goose is 4 months old so pretty much adult size. Just now she grabbed the little diamond out of my engagement ring and swallowed it. I saw it happen but it was too fast. This was the diamond, not the ring. Nothing sharp, etc. Diamond was perhaps 1/2 ct. or less---small. We have just isolated her into a doghouse size mini coop we have with a white sheet vinyl floor. I don't THINK this would harm her but we want the diamond so we planned to keep her in there with a bucket of water until she poops it out. We've gone through 2 poops already since this happened which it pretty stupid I guess, because it's literally only been like 20 min. ago. Does anyone have any idea of how long it might take for this to pass through her system??? Appreciate any answers. Thank you.
She’ll be fine.

Goose digestion can depend on the goose and what they’ve been eating, but from what I’ve experienced it can be anywhere between 2 to 6 hours during daytime. 2 to 3 hours being more of the usual.

GABBY UPDATE...
On Sunday, while sitting on my lap outside Gabby plucked the diamond out of my engagement ring and swallowed it! It was so fast! We put Gabby in the 'mini coop' by herself, no straw, etc., for 24 hours. We kept going out and checking through every poop by hand---Ewwwww.
She had water and we gave her cucumbers and grapes since the feed was gritty and would spill and be hard to sift through for a 1/2 CT. diamond. In 24 hours it still had not come out (
😂
), and we felt so bad for her. She seemed so lonely and kept coming toward us as if to say 'WHY am I in here all alone'? We finally let her out. We felt we had given it our best shot and she was more important. She was so happy, she actually 'flew' a few dozen feet to the little pond in the yard for a bath!
She did not ingest any metal, or anything sharp, etc. She is fine and although I don't have my diamond, we have her!
😊
After the 24 hours, we realized it could be days if ever, if it 'passed', so we just had to accept that we did our best and move on.
LOL,
So-------This is 'Gabby's Theme' from now on!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNtOYomo4Qg

gabbyapple_cover copy.jpg

GABBY UPDATE...
On Sunday, while sitting on my lap outside Gabby plucked the diamond out of my engagement ring and swallowed it! It was so fast! We put Gabby in the 'mini coop' by herself, no straw, etc., for 24 hours. We kept going out and checking through every poop by hand---Ewwwww.
She had water and we gave her cucumbers and grapes since the feed was gritty and would spill and be hard to sift through for a 1/2 CT. diamond. In 24 hours it still had not come out (
😂
), and we felt so bad for her. She seemed so lonely and kept coming toward us as if to say 'WHY am I in here all alone'? We finally let her out. We felt we had given it our best shot and she was more important. She was so happy, she actually 'flew' a few dozen feet to the little pond in the yard for a bath!
She did not ingest any metal, or anything sharp, etc. She is fine and although I don't have my diamond, we have her!
😊
After the 24 hours, we realized it could be days if ever, if it 'passed', so we just had to accept that we did our best and move on.
LOL,
So-------This is 'Gabby's Theme' from now on!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNtOYomo4Qg

View attachment 3661622

She really doesn’t want to give up that diamond! 🤣

Back
Top Bottom