Help growth on turkey face.

Ugh. I should have listened to you. It's not helping. Now another turkey has it.

Ok tell me what to do.

24.5 lb turkey. How much do I inject?? And where do I inject it?
If it were my turkey I would try to figure out if Tylan can be given under the skin, and I would give a 24.5 pound turkey 2.25 ml twice a day under the skin. I would also look into whether or not it could be given orally and possibly give 2.45 ml orally three times a day.

The one time I used it I gave it in the breast muscle and it caused muscle damage, so I wouldn't give it in the muscle.

Regarding orally... a couple of people have been told by vets that it shouldn't be given orally because it can burn the esophagus, but I know a few people that have given it orally and have not seen any adverse reactions.

-Kathy

__________________________________________________--
35.5 lb turkey. Suggestion on dose?
Quote:
5.35 ml twice a day based on the amount 60 mg per pound per day recommended for the powder.

-Kathy
Ok. I was only giving it 3.5 ml. But I started Sunday night. Gave two on Monday and two so far today. Was gonna give another at night.

Should I up it?
Yes, that dose was for a 24.5 lb bird not a 35.5 bird

I'm sorry. Can you explain to me why I shouldn't try to use a needle or something to draw the blood out? Because I think that would make the turkey more comfortable and in less pain.

I just want to understand it.

My sister ask some people on Facebook. And they said to Lance it. But I said I'd prefer to listen to you guys

Last edited:
I just want to understand it.

My sister ask some people on Facebook. And they said to Lance it. But I said I'd prefer to listen to you guys
If the turkey is in that much pain lancing might be an option. If you do lance it, lance at the lowest point so it can drain.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom