Help!! Guinea keets keep dying!!

BantammChick

🤠
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
May 8, 2017
Missouri
I have 4 boxes of guinea keets,with none over 3 weeks old. In one of the boxes I have found a dead guinea,almost EVERY MORNING!!!!Why do they keep dying???I feed them a 23% game bird starter,I have put marbles in their water,they are not drowning,so I don't know why they keep dying.

Yes,I meant brooders,but they are still boxes,But they are all different ages,so I put 13 In a cage outside,(To give them more space,they still have a heat lamp.)And the younger ones are in a plastic box with a heat lamp.I don't have a thermoter but will put one in.I don't have a picture right now.

I have 4 boxes of guinea keets,with none over 3 weeks old. In one of the boxes I have found a dead guinea,almost EVERY MORNING!!!!Why do they keep dying???I feed them a 23% game bird starter,I have put marbles in their water,they are not drowning,so I don't know why they keep dying.
Too hot, too cold, or too drafty are what I would want to rule out first.

The dead ones all come out of the same box.One box is a cage,outdoors,and I have 3 boxes set up in the chick room.I had to help one of them out of the egg,so that one is in its own box.

Too hot, too cold, or too drafty are what I would want to rule out first.
Casportpony makes good points about the temp/drafty conditions. Especially since it's happening to just one box. This is key.

If the above is ok...then how old are the keets? Have their poops been ok? The reason I'm asking is because I noticed about 3 days ago my chicks that I have indoors started looking the littlest bit tired. And they're activity level was down about 5%. They have coccidiosis. I'm already treating them. My keets haven't shown it yet...but I handle their chores at the same time so they'll be getting treated too.

Back
Top Bottom