Help! Guinea stuck in postion of egg after hatch

Chickenwolf

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 28, 2013
southeastern Virginia
I have a late batch of guinea fowl and the one that hatched is fluffed out and still in the position it was in, in the egg. Head is tucked under the wing and feet are still curled. Alive and peeping still. any Suggestions?

It was a late hatch. Wasn't sure if any were going to hatch. It hatched on its own. No yolk . Already fluffy.
Update
Finally can hold head up but feet are still curled together not spread out.

It was a late hatch. Wasn't sure if any were going to hatch. It hatched on its own. No yolk . Already fluffy.
Update
Finally can hold head up but feet are still curled together not spread out.

Ive had that with ones that hatch too late. They have usually ended up dying because they were stuck in the egg too long. Sorry I dont have any advice on aiding the keet because they are usually stuck like that permanently, either because they were too weak to get out or the humidity wasnt high enough. Good luck, hopfully someone has a solution that can help you.

:frow

Could you get some Nutri drench? I've found that the vit boost is often enuff to help weaklings get on their feet. You mentioned fixing the feet w a splint, have u seen 'chick shoes?' it's common to get curled toes and late hatchers with low incubation temps, you should consider bumping your temp at least a deg maybe more. Do u have secondary thermom in there? Often the display on any bator is wrong as the exposure to humidity can mess with the thermostat and shipping of the bator to the store or yourself, which is understandably unavoidable, could throw it off too.

I have some nutri drench. I haven't heard of chick shoes though. I'll have to see about the incubation variables but I'm sure this is the only one to hatch. The rest didn't. I splinted the toes and hopefully it will strengthen and set the feet straight. Thank you for replying :)

Hey, your welcome! It's no problem, I'm not a super guru or anything but I've been around this block ;) very glad u got the Nutri. With a singleton, you might give him a mirror and or some stuft toys to keep himself conpany :)

I'm curious how u splinted the toes? the 'chick shoes' are mearly painters tape or a bandaid to hold them straight so I am confident you've done well even without an explanation :)

I'm sorry your hatch was so dismal but I think if it's something you want to learn, then you'll do fine when u try again. After all, ur n the right place to learn :)

Back
Top Bottom