Help?? Gutting LG and need thermostat and heating help!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lostsoulhelpmejebus, Apr 29, 2009.

1. lostsoulhelpmejebus

lostsoulhelpmejebus Incubating Fool

Sep 23, 2008
    Roanoke, Illinois
    I give up! The LG incubator I have is driving me nuts. It will NOT keep a constant temperature, it is the 3rd one I have been through in the last month.

I found on ebay an electronic thermostat for a decent price but would I also have to buy a heating unit such as a wafer or something? Here is the link to the thermostat:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Electronic-...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

If anyone could offer me guidance, I would really appreciate any help. Hubby is very handy but this is all foreign to him...he can install whatever I buy, just not sure what I would need. Thank you in advance for any assistance I can get with this.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  2. tink69

tink69 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2009
    NorthCentral Iowa
  3. giasmom

giasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    Hi, Looked at the link, You can buy that same thermostat at Lowes in the plumbing dept. near the hot water heaters, for $8.50. Just make sure the temp range on it is 90 to 150. For a heating source I just use a light bulb. I'm not sure what a waver is, But if you meant wafer, you will not need one with this type of thermostat, however you will still need a heat source. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by