HELP!!! Hard swollen eye!?!?!?

Caleb999

Chirping
Aug 28, 2015
Rural Eastern Ontario, Canada

She is a young red sex links, and was fine. Acted totally normal, and is fine, other than her eye. She is not sneezing, and the eye has no discharge. The eye on the other side is fine. It is quite puffed out if you will, but you can't see that in the picture. It is quite hard, and when gently pushed, nothing happens. No discharge, no squawks of pain, absolutely nothing. Is she contagious? Should I isolate her? Most importantly, does anyone know why this is happening. I anyone would like more pictures o information, just ask.

Thanks in advance.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will respond. More pics may help.
Do you think she may have something in it, have you tried to flush it? Any signs of pecking or bug bites? It wouldn't hurt to isolate her until you get a handle on what is happening.

So today, we had the coldest day of the winter, It was -22 without the wind. The temperatures were consistent, and then I saw her eye, and the coldest night proceeded to happen. To me they seem to be unrelated. Today, she was showing signs of improvement. The lump if you will, was not nearly as hard as before, and a little piece of garbage came out of it. My mom has helped me give here eye drops, wash it with salt water, and apply polysporin. She is continuing to show no other signs of illness, and is acting totally normal. I've heard of these things happening, and going away within 3 or 4 days, so we shall see. Thank you so much for your support, and your advice was truly appreciated. If any other ideas pop into your heads, feel free to tell me, and I will update you, and if their is no more progress, I will post more pictures.

Thanks,
Caleb999

So today, we had the coldest day of the winter, It was -22 without the wind. The temperatures were consistent, and then I saw her eye, and the coldest night proceeded to happen. To me they seem to be unrelated. Today, she was showing signs of improvement. The lump if you will, was not nearly as hard as before, and a little piece of garbage came out of it. My mom has helped me give here eye drops, wash it with salt water, and apply polysporin. She is continuing to show no other signs of illness, and is acting totally normal. I've heard of these things happening, and going away within 3 or 4 days, so we shall see. Thank you so much for your support, and your advice was truly appreciated. If any other ideas pop into your heads, feel free to tell me, and I will update you, and if their is no more progress, I will post more pictures.

Thanks,
Caleb999

I'm so glad to hear this! Sounds like you are taking good care of her. You did a great job (and thank Mom too).
Hope she continues to improve, let us know how she's getting along and of course we love pictures.

Back
Top Bottom