Help! Has anyone ever seen their duck behave this way?

Duckalicious

In the Brooder
Jul 12, 2019
Good morning! My Welsh harlequin duck is acting very peculiar. It might just be something I've never seen before, but I'm almost afraid she might have eaten something and it got stuck. I'm going to try to post a video short clip, but a description and brief is she is fanning her tail out and it's , I don't believe she's in heat. It looks like she's trying to push something out. She did lay an egg about 5 minutes ago. But she's just standing on one leg and staring and trembling. It's definitely not her usual behavior. If anybody can advise that would be tremendously helpful thank you.

she could still be trying to push out another soft shelled egg or something, when my girl Pigeon was having egg laying issues she would push out one then immediately start struggling to push out another.

I was wondering the same thing, if maybe there was another one in there she was struggling with. I put her in the pond by herself for a while and she seems to be right back to her normal self again. Looks like I need to put out an extra bowl of oyster shells. Thank you everyone for your feedback, it was so helpful!☺️

Back
Top Bottom