Help Hatching Call Ducks

I try to keep mine around 30% for the first couple of weeks, then adjust if the air cells are too large or too small. It’s so humid here, I can usually maintain around that number with zero water added, so I mostly incubate without any.

I try to keep mine around 30% for the first couple of weeks, then adjust if the air cells are too large or too small. It’s so humid here, I can usually maintain around that number with zero water added, so I mostly incubate without any.

i'm not in peak humidity yet lol it'll be here later in the spring/summer. i have a farm innovators 4250 circulating air incubator - still 30% 99.5?

i'm not in peak humidity yet lol it'll be here later in the spring/summer. i have a farm innovators 4250 circulating air incubator - still 30% 99.5?

Yes that’s usually a safe starting point. Just watch your air cells and add some water if they grow too fast. I think it’s easier to slow them down later than to speed them up if they don’t lose enough, because you can always add more water later. If they don’t grow enough, it’s usually late in the game to fix it.

Is this ur first time hatching duck eggs
Oooh, Call ducks are a challenge, for sure.
I usually wait 20-24 hours after an external pip before assisting any call ducks, usually gaged by the size of the air cell and the placement of the pip.
50% humidity for the early days is usually pretty high, did your air cells get large enough?
Also, they tend to punch around close to the original pip spot, making 2 or 3 more pips before actually beginning a zip.
It's a tough call of "when" to assist. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom