Help!!!! Help!!!! Baby Chick Leg Hit by Basketball!

cocoaskin

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 20, 2009
My baby chicks leg was hit by a basketball. He cannot even stand up. He just sits on the ground. And hops on his good feet when he tries to walk. His just hangs. Also I'm thinking his thigh was popped out of place because his feet and everything leading up to his thigh is secure and is'nt moving..... any thoughts? I really need help.
sad.png

allright thanks...... what do u mean you had to put her down? I hope its not what i'm thinking..

Quote:
I had the hen for a couple months hoping it would just heal up but it never did and she was always dragging the leg and it swelled up and she leaned on it so much I would get scabbed and nasty. So I took her to the neighbor's house and he put her out of her missery because I just couldn't do it. Yours might have a chance though it might not be as serious as my hen's was. Good luck.
hugs.gif

Are you willing to take it to a vet? If it's leg is broken that's what it needs. I had a chick break its leg in 2 places and had to have the leg casted. It happened about a week ago and he's walking around on his cast just fine, but I did have to separate him from the others (except for one friend) so he couldn't hurt it worse.

Back
Top Bottom