help! Help! Help! I'm freaking out!

Find a local feed store or like a Tractor Supply Co and buy yourself a 50# bag of feed. Yes it will last you a while, but the 5# bags wont last long. If you get only 1 more chicken (I suggest 2 incase something happens to 1 you will still have 2) the 50# bag will last 3 months or so for 3 hens and the cost is about $19 in my high priced area. When I lived in the major city I only paid $16.

I know you aren't there yet, but when you see your first egg laid is when you will want to provide oyster shell on the side for your girls. They need it to make strong shells but won't use it if they don't need it.

I hope your girl feels better. I promise you are heading in the right direction! And expect you to see improvement soon (I hope).

Would love to see a pic!
wink.png

You should get a coop or run they need to be outside alot.
They slso need bugs and worms so let her outside a bit more
I agree and think you might want to figure this out before adding anyone else. Something as simple as a animal crate or small dog house is sufficient enough if you don't have building skills, time, or material. You just need to make sure it is predator resistant as possible, meaning a locking door and no holes larger than 1 half inch. Just for starters....

The green diarrhea is likely a side effect of not eating much. Just because you have good information now, you still have to be vigilant and keep your eyes open for any more symptoms or worsening ones. Also, go ahead and feed her a scrambled egg! Lots of nutrients and simple to digest, plus usually enjoyed by the bird.
smile.png

The green diarrhea is likely a side effect of not eating much. Just because you have good information now, you still have to be vigilant and keep your eyes open for any more symptoms or worsening ones. Also, go ahead and feed her a scrambled egg! Lots of nutrients and simple to digest, plus usually enjoyed by the bird. :)

Yes keep an eye on her as symptoms do tend to get stronger as time goes on.
They also love egg

It's not eating the eggs or scrap. And only one sip of pedialyte. She's closing her eyes, my brother said I should let her sleep to recover? Could that be it, should she just sleep to recover

Back
Top Bottom