HELP HELP HELP!!! incubator meltdown day 8

Pics
I have an issue😭
image.jpg

What do I do!?

I believe with these you just have to wait it out. Maybe give it a little Nutri Drench or sugar water in the incubator to give it energy. That chick did not completely absorb the yolk. I think they just have to asorb it outside the shell. You will just have to wait and see if he lives.

Now that the umbilical cord hanging is dried up you can trim it off, so it doesn't get caught on something or other chicks pecking or pulling and pull-on abdomen. Hoping things go well for you and your chick. GOOD LUCK
This baby is still sperated from the others for safety, will the umbilical fall off on its own eventually like human new borns, or is it a must to trim situation and if it's not umbilical couldn't trimming kill the chick ? Iv never seen an umbilical cord be so large ,thankyou for help 🙂

This baby is still sperated from the others for safety, will the umbilical fall off on its own eventually like human new borns, or is it a must to trim situation and if it's not umbilical couldn't trimming kill the chick ? Iv never seen an umbilical cord be so large ,thankyou for help 🙂
I take it baby is still alive, is he thriving? Eating, drinking, pooping? Sure hope all is good ng ok.

How are the other chicks? They must be bouncing around like crazy - I am so glad you had a couple of good ones.

Maybe it wasn't as bad as a initially thought, I would think if part of a chicks intestine came out it wouldn't be able to poop ,but it did!! ....and it made it through the night my husband thinks it might dry up and be OK, I just dont see how that's possible or if ,but i am just keeping baby separated from the other 2 chicks with food and sugar water and clean bedding untill it dies or heals...also haven't shut down the bator yet but I doubt any more will hatch might Crack this tonight or tomorrow.....but this is what the baby's belly looks like this morning and the poop mess I found this morning,has anyone seen a chick survive from this?
Dried unabsorbed yolk sac. I wouldn't mess with it. It'll clear up on it's own.

I take it baby is still alive, is he thriving? Eating, drinking, pooping? Sure hope all is good ng ok.

How are the other chicks? They must be bouncing around like crazy - I am so glad you had a couple of good ones.
Yes baby is still alive ,eating ,drinking ,little poops today but acting like a normal chick aside from being a little more tired and the 2others are doing wonderfully ,very energetic and happy with large appetites🙂

Attachments

• 20220115_231426.jpg
    20220115_231426.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220115_231504.jpg
    20220115_231504.jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220115_231852.jpg
    20220115_231852.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom