HELP HELP HELP!!! incubator meltdown day 8

Pics

Stoneymama

Chirping
Feb 24, 2021
So we had a winter storm that nocked out and surged our power alot so my incubator has been having difficulties maintaining temp due to power outages and I have a dozen eggs in my incubator that I turned about an hr ago , temp was normal ,but when I went back to check temp and turn again I found my incubator had a meltdown😨😭 it was reading 111 degrees(I have 3 thermometers in it, they all read the same ) i opened and candled immediately to find most of them are still alive and moving around🐣 ,but I also noticed that the heating element literally started to melt ,so I can't continue to use this incubator the heating element won't turn off so I have it cracked open to not overheat while i figure out how to make a diy incubator ,but I have never made my own befor ,if anyone knows how or what to use, I could really use the help. Please please please I don't want them to die .

Attachments

• 20211229_145734.jpg
    20211229_145734.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 50
Can't wait!
UPDATE 😍First baby hatched about 1pm this after noon I was waiting for the second pipped egg to hatch but it pipped around 8:30am and hasn't started zipping yet and the others look like they are still wiggling but haven't pipped yet so I'm gonna give them a couple more days ,hope they make it 🐥🐣 will update in the few days with final baby count .😀 hopefully more then 1 will hatch 🤞

Attachments

• received_351618086801718.jpeg
    received_351618086801718.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 4
The humidity is being pain but the eggs are still wiggling so all seems well, but still no peeping or pipping yet, I am waiting so impatiently and have to keep reminding myself the hatch date is the 10th ,I candled yesterday and all of the eggs are dark inside so I'm pretty sure they are absorbing yolks and getting ready to hatch .I will update again when I notice peeps or pips 🙂

Update:Finally some quiet, and I heard some definite peeping I am so happy to hear the tiny chirps hopefully they will pip soon😃🐣
Finally they have started pipping ,so far only 2 have pipped ,hopefully the rest will catch up soon ,I think after the overheating I may have cooled too long and am getting a delayed hatch ,but so far so good I am so glad they are hatching 😍🐣🐥😃

😍🐥🐥😍Make that 2 babies(1st white 2nd black)the second zipped and popped out right after the last update and I am planning on waiting untill day 26 to Crack to be safe and if more pip I won't be candling becuase I don't want open the bator more then needed to keep the humidity high enough so the rest still have a shot, I will be moving the babies to the brooder asap,hopefully I can move them befor any others pip 🙂🤞🐣

So we had a winter storm that nocked out and surged our power alot so my incubator has been having difficulties maintaining temp due to power outages and I have a dozen eggs in my incubator that I turned about an hr ago , temp was normal ,but when I went back to check temp and turn again I found my incubator had a meltdown😨😭 it was reading 111 degrees(I have 3 thermometers in it, they all read the same ) i opened and candled immediately to find most of them are still alive and moving around🐣 ,but I also noticed that the heating element literally started to melt ,so I can't continue to use this incubator the heating element won't turn off so I have it cracked open to not overheat while i figure out how to make a diy incubator ,but I have never made my own befor ,if anyone knows how or what to use, I could really use the help. Please please please I don't want them to die .
Thankyou everyone for the help ,here are a few pictures of what I came up,seems to be holding temp and humidity ok I hope they hatch . 🤞🐣

Attachments

• 20211229_230904.jpg
    20211229_230904.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20211229_230858.jpg
    20211229_230858.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20211229_230807.jpg
    20211229_230807.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 12
Any news?
Not yet but hatch day is tomorrow and there too much noise to tell if they are peeping ,I thought I might have heard a couple tiny peeps yesterday,but I also have a brooder going with 6 chicks that are about 7 wks old so I can't really tell if they are peeping or not ,but they are definitely wiggling 🙂I really hope they hatch . If they do I will post a few pictures of the babies.The past 4days seems like this is quickly becoming the longest week of my life probably becuase they went into lockdown 3 days early ,and I am so excited and impatient. 🤞🐣

How is your chick doing?
Hi there, thanks for asking. He’s doing good this morning! He’s perked up a little bit… and chirping a lot! I’m gonna check his navel in a little bit. I gave him some sugar water last night. Now I need to start treating for an infection (just to be safe)

Back
Top Bottom