HELP HELP HELP!!! incubator meltdown day 8

I am also on day 17 lockdown, good luck. I have 2 store foam incubators, one with turner and fan, one without.(I don't use both at the same time.) I let them dry hatch first 18 days in the incubator with fan and turner, then move to the still air with humidity during lockdown, Rope helps with keeping eggs tilted, and not soccered by hatching chicks. I would use homemade incubator in emergency. I have had good luck with homemade ones in the past. I am happy with my current incubators. I like to keep one incubator pure from the hatching process. It has never been hatched in.
5s.PNG

The humidity is being pain but the eggs are still wiggling so all seems well, but still no peeping or pipping yet, I am waiting so impatiently and have to keep reminding myself the hatch date is the 10th ,I candled yesterday and all of the eggs are dark inside so I'm pretty sure they are absorbing yolks and getting ready to hatch .I will update again when I notice peeps or pips 🙂

The humidity is being pain but the eggs are still wiggling so all seems well, but still no peeping or pipping yet, I am waiting so impatiently and have to keep reminding myself the hatch date is the 10th ,I candled yesterday and all of the eggs are dark inside so I'm pretty sure they are absorbing yolks and getting ready to hatch .I will update again when I notice peeps or pips 🙂
Thanks for update! Can't wait!

Any news?
Not yet but hatch day is tomorrow and there too much noise to tell if they are peeping ,I thought I might have heard a couple tiny peeps yesterday,but I also have a brooder going with 6 chicks that are about 7 wks old so I can't really tell if they are peeping or not ,but they are definitely wiggling 🙂I really hope they hatch . If they do I will post a few pictures of the babies.The past 4days seems like this is quickly becoming the longest week of my life probably becuase they went into lockdown 3 days early ,and I am so excited and impatient. 🤞🐣

Not yet but hatch day is tomorrow and there too much noise to tell if they are peeping ,I thought I might have heard a couple tiny peeps yesterday,but I also have a brooder going with 6 chicks that are about 7 wks old so I can't really tell if they are peeping or not ,but they are definitely wiggling 🙂I really hope they hatch . If they do I will post a few pictures of the babies.The past 4days seems like this is quickly becoming the longest week of my life probably becuase they went into lockdown 3 days early ,and I am so excited and impatient. 🤞🐣
Me too! I am living vicariously through you hahaha.

Update:Finally some quiet, and I heard some definite peeping I am so happy to hear the tiny chirps hopefully they will pip soon😃🐣
Finally they have started pipping ,so far only 2 have pipped ,hopefully the rest will catch up soon ,I think after the overheating I may have cooled too long and am getting a delayed hatch ,but so far so good I am so glad they are hatching 😍🐣🐥😃

Back
Top Bottom