HELP HELP HELP!!! incubator meltdown day 8

Just trim the stringy thing hanging from abdomen up to scab not the big scab on abdomen. Leave big scab alone let it heal on its own. From looking at pic from days ago cord was dried up then. View attachment 2963433
I ended up.leaving it alone and it all fell off without having to trim any of it and the chick now named Darwin has graduated to being with its siblings 24/7 after about a week of monitored time with them ,there are no problems they are all healthy and happy together finally 😀

Attachments

• 20220120_152348.jpg
    20220120_152348.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220120_152533.jpg
    20220120_152533.jpg
    610.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220120_152706.jpg
    20220120_152706.jpg
    599.1 KB · Views: 2
I am so anxious they are all rocking now,but no peeping or pipping yet , they did go into lockdown early on day 16 due to a couple rocking ,so I know it might be a few days still, being that today makes day 17 ,I can't wait ...I keep watching them anxiously waiting to hear peeps or see pipping so I know their all ok ,my humidity got to 78% ,I thought that was too high so removed some water and got it down to mid 60's fluctuating between 62-68 %,I hope the humidity spike didn't do any damage .if anyone has had this happen ,how did it turn out ? I am really hoping they don't drown.

I am also on day 17 lockdown, good luck. I have 2 store foam incubators, one with turner and fan, one without.(I don't use both at the same time.) I let them dry hatch first 18 days in the incubator with fan and turner, then move to the still air with humidity during lockdown, Rope helps with keeping eggs tilted, and not soccered by hatching chicks. I would use homemade incubator in emergency. I have had good luck with homemade ones in the past. I am happy with my current incubators. I like to keep one incubator pure from the hatching process. It has never been hatched in.
5s.PNG

The humidity is being pain but the eggs are still wiggling so all seems well, but still no peeping or pipping yet, I am waiting so impatiently and have to keep reminding myself the hatch date is the 10th ,I candled yesterday and all of the eggs are dark inside so I'm pretty sure they are absorbing yolks and getting ready to hatch .I will update again when I notice peeps or pips 🙂
Thanks for update! Can't wait!

UPDATE!!!😨🐣It hatched but I think it's intestines is coming out😰 ,anyone know if or how i can try to save her?????? I can't get a picture unfortionatly I'm afraid 😭but there's alot hanging out and its red not yellow or green like yolk or poop,she won't survive like this,poor baby

How is she?
Seems to be improving ,all fluffed up and moving around and drinking water ,now that she's dry iv been able to take another look and I don't know if she will make it through the night ,but it does look a little better,not sure if should do anything else other then what I am doing I tried to get a picture but she won't hold still and I don't want to squeeze the poor thing accidently, hatchlings are so small and delicate. I don't know if she will be able to fully digest and pass food and idk how to attempt to put what's out back in or if i should try or if she will heal on her own or if that's even possible .

How r things this morning?
Maybe it wasn't as bad as a initially thought, I would think if part of a chicks intestine came out it wouldn't be able to poop ,but it did!! ....and it made it through the night my husband thinks it might dry up and be OK, I just dont see how that's possible or if ,but i am just keeping baby separated from the other 2 chicks with food and sugar water and clean bedding untill it dies or heals...also haven't shut down the bator yet but I doubt any more will hatch might Crack this tonight or tomorrow.....but this is what the baby's belly looks like this morning and the poop mess I found this morning,has anyone seen a chick survive from this?

Attachments

• 20220114_113243.jpg
    20220114_113243.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220114_113258.jpg
    20220114_113258.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom