HELP HELP HELP!!! incubator meltdown day 8

Pics
Seems to be improving ,all fluffed up and moving around and drinking water ,now that she's dry iv been able to take another look and I don't know if she will make it through the night ,but it does look a little better,not sure if should do anything else other then what I am doing I tried to get a picture but she won't hold still and I don't want to squeeze the poor thing accidently, hatchlings are so small and delicate. I don't know if she will be able to fully digest and pass food and idk how to attempt to put what's out back in or if i should try or if she will heal on her own or if that's even possible .
How r things this morning?

How r things this morning?
Maybe it wasn't as bad as a initially thought, I would think if part of a chicks intestine came out it wouldn't be able to poop ,but it did!! ....and it made it through the night my husband thinks it might dry up and be OK, I just dont see how that's possible or if ,but i am just keeping baby separated from the other 2 chicks with food and sugar water and clean bedding untill it dies or heals...also haven't shut down the bator yet but I doubt any more will hatch might Crack this tonight or tomorrow.....but this is what the baby's belly looks like this morning and the poop mess I found this morning,has anyone seen a chick survive from this?

Attachments

• 20220114_113243.jpg
    20220114_113243.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220114_113258.jpg
    20220114_113258.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 2
Maybe it wasn't as bad as a initially thought, I would think if part of a chicks intestine came out it wouldn't be able to poop ,but it did!! ....and it made it through the night my husband thinks it might dry up and be OK, I just dont see how that's possible or if ,but i am just keeping baby separated from the other 2 chicks with food and sugar water and clean bedding untill it dies or heals...also haven't shut down the bator yet but I doubt any more will hatch might Crack this tonight or tomorrow.....but this is what the baby's belly looks like this morning and the poop mess I found this morning,has anyone seen a chick survive from this?
I haven't but could ask others on another thread.

Still thinking good thoughts.

Now that the umbilical cord hanging is dried up you can trim it off, so it doesn't get caught on something or other chicks pecking or pulling and pull-on abdomen. Hoping things go well for you and your chick. GOOD LUCK
I suggest trimming very small amt at a time... Like a millimeter at a time. Inspect for any bleeding after you trim...

Back
Top Bottom