HELP HELP HELP!!! incubator meltdown day 8

Probably because they've never been with the chick at the beginning, which is an issue. I never separated my chick from the group.

Well at least you tried.
I would imagine once it gets stronger and heals over it should be possible to slowly integrate back into the group. Do you think?

Now that the umbilical cord hanging is dried up you can trim it off, so it doesn't get caught on something or other chicks pecking or pulling and pull-on abdomen. Hoping things go well for you and your chick. GOOD LUCK
I would have trimmed dried up cord off a few days ago. The abdomen has to heal and seal up if it will. But the dried cord should be trimmed off.
I give them a few minutes together while watching to make sure they don't hurt her and once the cord falls off should be able to let them be together all the time 🙂

It is just like a piece of string hanging from abdomen it is all dried up no blood or nothing going to come from it. You're not cutting large scab from abdomen, just dried up umbilical cord it is done every day to human baby's before it is even dried.

It is just like a piece of string hanging from abdomen it is all dried up no blood or nothing going to come from it. You're not cutting large scab from abdomen, just dried up umbilical cord it is done every day to human baby's before it is even dried.
😐 I guess, I haven't had any issue with chicks like this. But it's good to know if there ever is an issue!

I think we r all appreciative of your input and experience, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom