Help!!! Hen may be dying!

katelk

Songster
6 Years
May 6, 2013
White Bluff, TN
One of my girls is about 8-9 months old. I ran put to the yard when I heard screaming just now. One of my Roos was getting off of what appeared to be a dead hen. He was trying to mate her. At closer inspection she is still alive, but when I picked her up I realized she is extremely thin. Her chest bone is sticking out and her legs feel like they have no meat. I had not noticed before bc she had been eating and everything like normal!! Since the roo incident she seems too weak to even stand and is just going to sleep in my arms. She will open her eyes, but just seems so weak and pitiful. What could this be?! What can I do to help her?!

She is wrapped in a towel and has now laid her head down and closed her eyes and seems to be sleeping. She is still breathing but seems very bad. What could this be? Please help

Sorry Not sure what to do but this exaCt thing happened to my hen yesterday, I went out today and she had passed away, wish I could help

You're doing the right thing by keeping her warm....see if you can get her to eat some hard boiled egg or scrambled....someone with more knowledge hopefully will see this and have some advice.... good luck~

She will barely open her eyes and won't lift her head. Every once in awhile she will flap around for a second. I am wondering if she is egg bound and I didn't catch it in Time. I feel so guilty. She was my favorite and it don't know what to do. She won't eat or drink

It sounds too late to help her, but if I were you I'd worm my flock, unless you find another reason for her starvation.

She just passed away. I feel sick. I have never lost a chicken before. She was so friendly and always ran up to be pet and loved on

I hope your chicken is doing alright, but maybe a bit of vitamin water will help. She might be dehydrated. My favorite bird gets abused by all the other hens, so I have to work at making sure she get her fair share of food.

Back
Top Bottom