Help! Hen seems to be extremely eggbound, no idea what to do!!!

UPDATE: unfortunately, Cinnamon didn't make it...we got some medicine for her and it seemed to help a little after we gave it to her because she passed a few droppings afterwords...but a couple days after that she died suddenly.
hit.gif
I'll spare you the gross details, unless it would help anyone to tell me what may have happened?
hmm.png

R.I.P. Cinnamon
sad.png

Thanks everyone for all the help anyways.
hugs.gif

I'm so sorry you lost her.
hugs.gif

Do the details help understand what happened? I think most animal people understand...gross happens.

I hope it doesn't happen with any of your other hens, but maybe keep a bottle of TUMS around, just in case. The calcium helps their muscles to contract stronger to push out a stuck egg (if that is the problem).

Quote:
Thanks
hugs.gif
...Sometimes explaining exactly what happened when she died could help explain what caused everything...so if it would help anyone to tell me what might have been wrong, I'll share the details (much to my displeasure).
hmm.png

Yay Chicks! :

I'm so sorry.
sad.png

I hope your others will all be okay.

None of the others are showing any symptoms...then again, there are only 2 Red Star hens left...There were 5, but Cinnamon died and then a fox got 2, so now we only have 2 left.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom