Help! Hen with sour Crop and watery yellow poop

Thank you - so the probiotics will help with the pH, you think? I was thinking of offering her yoghurt &/or a probioitc. As that's my go-to for sour crop. But today I ended up putting her outside next to some water because her crop didn't empty overnight so I didn't know if she should eat.
Umm yes probiotics will help her so as plenty of fresh water you can raise their pH if u have any claypot waterer or bowl ? Otherwise try to getting Pre-probiotics , yeast extract and enzymes this one i am attaching in pics recommended by a veterinarian after this horrifying incident that i lost my one rooster due to slow crop and dehydration we don't want to happen it again .. it's labelled for dogs and cats but he said it's perfectly fine because all grade good bacteria in bodies works same and my other rooster drink it once in a while and after using this my other Roosters digestion becomes so so healthy even if he eat so much and his crop becomes hell tight when I checked at 6am it's all empty ifs very very good I'm sure the ingredients u will find in any brand

He told me to use like this because i have just 1 rooster(he weighs 2.5 kg) and 2 other pet birds they weigh less then 500gms
As per that i calculated the dose

200 ml of water add 1 -2 pinch of this powder mix until it completely disappeared in water and give to your birds as much as they want .
Mine drink 4-5 long sips (my rooster)
And the other babies take from hand 10-10 drops each and it's all good

Attachments

• IMG20221020175010.jpg
    IMG20221020175010.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG20221020175015.jpg
    IMG20221020175015.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 1
Yes I'm fairly comfortable with treating impacted & spur crop. I've never come across this fluid-filled crop / yellow poop before, & can't find info online to educate myself.

I called a vet but I just can't afford the $ right now & they couldn't give any advice over the phone.
Trust me that yellow poop is horrifying. When my teetee had this issue unfortunately we understand it too late and we lost him it's all due to the acidic environment sour crop cause .but he never had smelly breath or something similar like sour crop he's just slow and that kills him

Back
Top Bottom