Help! Hen with sour Crop and watery yellow poop

So it looks like the same thing this morning... her crop emptied fluids but not solids. Hard to tell for sure but there may be a tiny bit less solid stuff. Her poop is still watery but there is a little regular stuff in it too. I gave her coconut oil again this morning and some calcium. She doesn't seem overly eager to eat... I plan to give her an epson salt soak/ bath after lunch. She ate a little grit yesterday. If anyone has any other suggestions or ideas on how I can help her I would definitely appreciate it. Thank you to all who have responded thus far. I encluded a pic of some of her poop from this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_20190921_100707638.jpg
    IMG_20190921_100707638.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 24
So it looks like the same thing this morning... her crop emptied fluids but not solids. Hard to tell for sure but there may be a tiny bit less solid stuff. Her poop is still watery but there is a little regular stuff in it too. I gave her coconut oil again this morning and some calcium. She doesn't seem overly eager to eat... I plan to give her an epson salt soak/ bath after lunch. She ate a little grit yesterday. If anyone has any other suggestions or ideas on how I can help her I would definitely appreciate it. Thank you to all who have responded thus far. I encluded a pic of some of her poop from this morning.
Is she.recover

My chicken has exactly this condition. Full water-balloon crop (not sure if emptied overnight, as she has access to water), & watery yellow poop. Very dirty vent.

She's an ex-batt, & I'm assuming it's a reproductive issue.

How long did your girl take to pass? Should I consider euthanasia if she doesn't get better?

My chicken has exactly this condition. Full water-balloon crop (not sure if emptied overnight, as she has access to water), & watery yellow poop. Very dirty vent.

How long did your girl take to pass? Should I consider euthanasia if she doesn't get better?

One of my rooster face this issue last year he had dehydrated crop that wasn't moving food properly. And he's having lot of yellow poop (yellow liquid & small fecal) i tried everything makes him worse and worse

When we go for autopsy the vets reveals it's nothing but lack of enzymes probiotics (good bacteria in his stomach) his stomach producing alot of acid and high pH level that causing yellow urates poop .

Yellow urates in poop means the acidity level in the stomach is high and kidneys are under stress it's dangerous

he had dehydrated crop
That's informative, but I'm not sure it is the same thing. The OP was about a water-filled crop. The thread then quickly went off on the sour/impacted crop rails. Maybe one causes the other, but very few answers have addressed directly the issue of a watery crop and liquid with little yellow bits in it.

One of my rooster face this issue last year he had dehydrated crop that wasn't moving food properly. And he's having lot of yellow poop (yellow liquid & small fecal) i tried everything makes him worse and worse

When we go for autopsy the vets reveals it's nothing but lack of enzymes probiotics (good bacteria in his stomach) his stomach producing alot of acid and high pH level that causing yellow urates poop .

Yellow urates in poop means the acidity level in the stomach is high and kidneys are under stress it's dangerous
Thank you - so the probiotics will help with the pH, you think? I was thinking of offering her yoghurt &/or a probioitc. As that's my go-to for sour crop. But today I ended up putting her outside next to some water because her crop didn't empty overnight so I didn't know if she should eat.

That's informative, but I'm not sure it is the same thing. The OP was about a water-filled crop. The thread then quickly went off on the sour/impacted crop rails. Maybe one causes the other, but very few answers have addressed directly the issue of a watery crop and liquid with little yellow bits in it.
Yes I'm fairly comfortable with treating impacted & spur crop. I've never come across this fluid-filled crop / yellow poop before, & can't find info online to educate myself.

I called a vet but I just can't afford the $ right now & they couldn't give any advice over the phone.

Back
Top Bottom