Help hooking up my pc fan to 12v power supply

prncssprplfrog

Songster
10 Years
Jun 12, 2009
Schuyler Lake
I would much rather have some electrical assistance than blow up my little fan. I'm sure that many people feel the same way, but I am a little intimidated by playing with electricity.
Here's what I have:
12vdc 2-3/4" square muffin fan. has one red and one black wire.

ac/dc adaptor- (input-ac-120v 60Hz 7.0W) (output DC-12v 200mA)

I have cut all the wires & am ready to attach them.
pop.gif

use an old adaptor from a cell phone or other phone, you have a black and red wire on the fan or I did, and on my adaptor I had a cord with a white strip on one of the wires and solid black on the other. I think I put the black to black and red to the white............duh.......I guess I should have written it down somewhere

I got lucky on my first try- it worked.
I just used an old adapter that we couldn't remember what it went to. I was annoyed when I started to look for parts for my 'bator because I knew that I had just gotten rid of a few adapters that I could have used. If my temperature does better with the fan, I will put my first (smaller) 'bator back together and find a 2nd adapter because it didn't have a fan in it.

I am going to need a place to put my first set of eggs in as a lock-down hatcher while the maran eggs progress- as they are far enough apart that the humidity might affect them.

Right now I have the fan hanging from the ceiling of the 'bator blowing down......I don't have screws to hang it from the side... Where's the optimum placement?

Quote:
yup- that's what worked. I bought two of these fans from American Science Surplus for like $2.50 each. For my small incubator- they should be sufficient.... I hope.

Back
Top Bottom