Help hooking up my pc fan to 12v power supply

prncssprplfrog

Songster
10 Years
Jun 12, 2009
Schuyler Lake
I would much rather have some electrical assistance than blow up my little fan. I'm sure that many people feel the same way, but I am a little intimidated by playing with electricity.
Here's what I have:
12vdc 2-3/4" square muffin fan. has one red and one black wire.

ac/dc adaptor- (input-ac-120v 60Hz 7.0W) (output DC-12v 200mA)

I have cut all the wires & am ready to attach them.
pop.gif

memahenny

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 24, 2009
Western South Carolina
use an old adaptor from a cell phone or other phone, you have a black and red wire on the fan or I did, and on my adaptor I had a cord with a white strip on one of the wires and solid black on the other. I think I put the black to black and red to the white............duh.......I guess I should have written it down somewhere

prncssprplfrog

Songster
10 Years
Jun 12, 2009
Schuyler Lake
I got lucky on my first try- it worked.
I just used an old adapter that we couldn't remember what it went to. I was annoyed when I started to look for parts for my 'bator because I knew that I had just gotten rid of a few adapters that I could have used. If my temperature does better with the fan, I will put my first (smaller) 'bator back together and find a 2nd adapter because it didn't have a fan in it.

I am going to need a place to put my first set of eggs in as a lock-down hatcher while the maran eggs progress- as they are far enough apart that the humidity might affect them.

Right now I have the fan hanging from the ceiling of the 'bator blowing down......I don't have screws to hang it from the side... Where's the optimum placement?

prncssprplfrog

Songster
10 Years
Jun 12, 2009
Schuyler Lake
Quote:
yup- that's what worked. I bought two of these fans from American Science Surplus for like $2.50 each. For my small incubator- they should be sufficient.... I hope.

Top Bottom