Help! How to give pills

The rubber bit at the end will hold a tiny pill well. Not a capsule or full size human pill.
We have clients who often have these for medicating their cats but find it easier to just give the pill by hand for cats...but its about the same size as the syringes we have used to give liquid meds to our ducks.
We've always had either liquid meds for our ducks or supplements powdered onto treats but have never had to give pills.
Their mouths are so tiny it may make it easier especially if you don't have small hands.

I don’t have small hands and that antibiotic my Runner was taking was pretty good size. I use the needless 1 ml syringes to give liquid meds. Is this one about that size? Only problem I’ve had so far was giving baby aspirin they are so tiny it’s Nerve wracking making sure my hand holds onto the pill long enough to get it in the right hole. So that might work great for those tiny baby aspirin.

I don’t have small hands and that antibiotic my Runner was taking was pretty good size. I use the needless 1 ml syringes to give liquid meds. Is this one about that size? Only problem I’ve had so far was giving baby aspirin they are so tiny it’s Nerve wracking making sure my hand holds onto the pill long enough to get it in the right hole. So that might work great for those tiny baby aspirin.
Their little mouths are just so small. It's about the same diameter as the 1ml syringes, maybe a little bigger but not much. Longer than syringes too, about 6 or 8 inches long, baby asprin would probably fit perfectly :)

Shoot, I'm sorry. They have them on Amazon too...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00076HUB4/?tag=backy-20
All the ones I've used have been white with the blue rubber tip and I think they only come in one size. If you find another one that looks different hopefully will have dimensions in the description so you know it's tiny enough.
Your pups will be very happy for chew treats! Ours always seem to know when we've brought something home for them :)

My duck was on antibiotics 2 pills, 2x a day for 2 weeks! I broke the pills up into 1/4s, the peas worked well for a bit, and worked best when they were slightly frozen and I would drop them into his water. But he became wise to the pills and got picky with that, so then I switched to grape tomatoes which was a real game changer! I cut them in 1/2 and then stuffed the pill in the little natural pocket of the tomato and he would gobble them up :) He was also on a liquid metacam, and I would squirt that into the tomatoes too which worked well.
My vet gave me a piller like shared above but I knew he would hate me if I constantly tried to stick him with the piller so I found an alternative that made med time fun! For him anyways, it was a huge pain for me :lau

Back
Top Bottom