Help! Humidity keeps going down.

Great I got the humidity at 40 to be considered low, now what should the temp and humidity be at days 1-17

I just finished my 2nd hatch. Each time I end up with several piped but never completed their hatch. My 1st time I had 2 hatch out of 13. My 2nd time I had 4 hatch out of9. I constantly added water my 2nd time, but still had to throw out 5. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to purchase a humidity thermometer?

I took out a lot of water this time, but humidity still goes to 52, should I lower the temperature

What do I need to do to lower the humidity, it's still at 52, after I took out all water and left only 4 small water channels with water

I just finished my 2nd hatch. Each time I end up with several piped but never completed their hatch. My 1st time I had 2 hatch out of 13. My 2nd time I had 4 hatch out of9. I constantly added water my 2nd time, but still had to throw out 5. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to purchase a humidity thermometer?
You should have a hygrometer yes, so that you have an idea of what your humidity is. It sounds to me (especially if you added water the whole time) you had too much humdity and the chicks may have drowned. I would get a hygrometer and (test) run your incubator (empty) with the hygrometer and see what it says you have for humidity. If you have at LEAST 25% humidity, I would start your incubation using the dry method (not adding any water) and monitor your air cells by candling. Your air cells should look like this:

on those days. If you candle on day 7 and you see that your air cells are getting too big too fast then you add some water to bring the humidity up. (This slows down the loss of moisture.) For a more in depth explanation and understanding of controlling humidity you can take a look at this: http://letsraisechickens.weebly.com...anuals-understanding-and-controlling-humidity It goes more in depth of humidity and how to find the right humidity for you.

What do I need to do to lower the humidity, it's still at 52, after I took out all water and left only 4 small water channels with water
Personally I would take the water out see what it reads dry. If it holds anywhere near 30% I'd run dry and monitor your cells. As long as your air cells are growing at the right rate I wouldn't worry about adding water unless it gets down to 25%. If you montor your air cells you'll know if you need to increase the humidity by day 7 and day 14.

Back
Top Bottom