HELP! Hungry, happy, haunted homemakers have heard!

Pick one for Sara's new dummy.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Little skunks are about as cute as a little stinker can be.
They are! But when they grow up and manage to get in a chicken coop...I am currently looking for a shed, because even though we have closed up every hole we can find, my coop is from my Great-Granddad's day, and it has a dirt floor. We have "remodeled" it a lot, but last year a coon got in and butchered chicken after chicken. It was awful. We still haven't figured out how he got in...we even built a completely new wall. That's why we thought it was a weasel. I have not had a problem with skunks though...:fl

Oh goodness. Just had a scare. I walk into my chicken house to get my eggs and there, in the FIRST nest box, is a big ol' coon enjoying a late afternoon snooze after a big lunch of chicken eggs. I freaked. A shriek and I was out of there. He just looked at me. I trapped him in there then flew over to the house to call my uncle. No response. Never mind. I grab my keys, no shoes, and leave the gate open while I slightly exceed the speed limit heading over there. Grabs uncle, who gets .22 and kills Mr. Coon, who is STILL in the nest box. So THAT'S where my eggs have been going. Shudder.
Holy heck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom