HELP...... I am not sure whats wrong with Gigi, but it doesn't look good I am afraid

Yes I will post a picture as soon as she leave me a fresh sample and I post a picture of how she stands too.

Thank you so much for your help. I looked at the dosage of amoxicillin and I gave her the correct amount.

Forgive me for asking...what are crumbles? Is that lay mash and water, or something else?

Yes I will post a picture as soon as she leave me a fresh sample and I post a picture of how she stands too.

Thank you so much for your help. I looked at the dosage of amoxicillin and I gave her the correct amount.

Forgive me for asking...what are crumbles? Is that lay mash and water, or something else?
Yes, lay mash...

This is from the Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook

If she is drinking, no, I wouldn't. I'd also wait to give her calcium, I beleive it's contraindicated in dehydrated animals.

If she laid an egg and is now improving and walking better, it is my guess that she was eggbound. I agree that she looks too hot. Can you put her in a cooler place in your home?

She is eating the crumbles too. Did you see where I posted that she laid an egg earlier this afternoon? I sure hope she is better tomorrow. And she is standing more in the kennel as well.
A bird/animal that's about to die doesn't usually eat/drink, so I think you might be okay.
fl.gif
, I like happy endings! And yes, I read that she laid an egg, which was probably hard for her.

I am still very stressed out for her. She is one of our favorites, she is the sweetest thing ever and if the back door is open she comes in to visit and is super friendly. My son was really upset that he might have to dispatch her today because we thought it was Mareks. He is a much happier guy this evening. We all are for that fact.

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and links to help our Gigi. I am so grateful for your help and support.

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom