HELP! I caught the chicken-fever!

Quote:
Tell him it will help your "productivity" around the house. You will be able to cook, eat, fold clothes, etc., while watching the TV screen, instead of sitting in front of the brooder or next to your coop all day long
ya.gif

Saw the headline & had to post
gig.gif

No, it won't get any better. You had better get your escape pod ready to fly the city!

I told DH I only wanted 3-4 hens.

8 months on we are at 5, I have been processing cockerels, we own a rooster in the middle of a town, & we now have 6 eggs under our first broody hen right now.
lau.gif

If all 6 hatch, but 3 are cockerels, that only puts me at 3 chickens right? And since those chickens are chicks then that's 0 new birds, right because chicks don't count?
big_smile.png
They are too small.

Here's the link to the thread about keeping my roo in a town. Ignore the part about the training, it was mainly the other part of keeping him in the dark that matters.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/866855/save-the-suburban-rooster-tactics

He was crowing like crazy today
th.gif
then I caught my close neighbor standing in her garden crowing back at him!

I know she loves his crowing, but seriously.....
hide.gif
barnie.gif
lol.png

chicken addict and proud!! flock of 11 and I just picked up my order of 24 chicks, oh and troy swap is hopefully on my go to list.Have yet to find a few that are eluding me. Hubby shakes his head repeatedly,lolol.

Back
Top Bottom