help! i don’t know if i should be feeding my chicks this!

tiawieclaw

In the Brooder
Jun 19, 2020
hello i have 5 and a half week old chicks and i know that at 6 weeks you are supposed to start mixing their chick food with the regular chicken food so i got this food but then i read that feeding them laying food before they lay is bad so is this stuff ok or should i get regular food? is this food going to go bad by october? (the time they should start the lay) is there any types of regular food you suggest until i feed them this food? also when can i start giving them scratch? anything helps, thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    556.3 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    415 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 10
hello i have 5 and a half week old chicks and i know that at 6 weeks you are supposed to start mixing their chick food with the regular chicken food so i got this food but then i read that feeding them laying food before they lay is bad so is this stuff ok or should i get regular food? is this food going to go bad by october? (the time they should start the lay) is there any types of regular food you suggest until i feed them this food? also when can i start giving them scratch? anything helps, thanks!
The Layena is a Layer feed. Read the label on the bottom of bag. 18 weeks old.
They should be fed something like these for 18 weeks.
20200518_091501_resized.jpg

GC

As I understand it, you can continue to feed them unmedicated chick starter/grower until they are ready for layer feed. All Flock or Flock Raiser is also suitable before they are laying. Not sure when you can start giving them scratch - I believe it’s just considered a treat.

thanks for the information 😀 it makes a lot of sense now. i will keep them on the starter and the grower until 18 weeks. i saw the reply about looking at the packaging and found this on the chick starter they are eating so i will follow it thanks!

Attachments

• C4053ADB-8125-4014-9AFF-2B405ACADB62.jpeg
    C4053ADB-8125-4014-9AFF-2B405ACADB62.jpeg
    453.9 KB · Views: 11
thanks for the information 😀 it makes a lot of sense now. i will keep them on the starter and the grower until 18 weeks. i saw the reply about looking at the packaging and found this on the chick starter they are eating so i will follow it thanks!
Welcome, I've made mistakes in the beginning. GC

Back
Top Bottom