Help! I got sucked in.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by d_cat88, Mar 20, 2009.

1. d_cat88

d_cat88 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2009
    Amarillo, Texas
    I was exploring the my pet chicken site(I know I shouldn't have) and I was sucked into ordering 3 slw chicks, this will bring my total to 7 with 2 suspected roos. The cuteness was just too much and then I noticed that I didn't have to order vast numbers and it went downhill from there [​IMG]. I just got the e-mail that my new peeps will be getting here the week of the 30th!!

2. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    It is easy to get caught! i am fighting myself to stay away from the feed stores! i mean, just how many eggs can a family eat???

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2009
  3. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    It is hard this addiction
    I went to the feed store and it was all I could do to walk out with only feed!

4. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    LOL!! When I need to go to the feed store, I am thinking to myself "please don't let them have chick, or God forbid.....DUCKLINGS!!!!" I am set with feed for a couple of weeks, so hopefully I will not be tempted!!![​IMG]

Now I just have to worry about the online temptations!! THAT is hard, cause I do love eggs!!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  5. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    If you only ordered 3, then you are safe for now! Just wait until you start placing orders that are 10 times that much!

The day will come... [​IMG]

6. d_cat88

d_cat88 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2009
    Amarillo, Texas
    Quote:It's even worse cuz I live alone [​IMG][/img]. Hopefully my family around town will help me eat the eggs.

7. ItsSuzzie

ItsSuzzie Chillin' With My Peeps

All I can say is, WELCOME TO THE CLUB....
    we are a group of chickahollics. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I started out with 3 birds in 2007, today...I think I am just under 60 birds and growning.

OMG, changing breeds now.....LOL

The addiction continues....but at least it is legal.

Enjoy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by