HELP!!! I had an accident and knocked all my eggs off the counter.

BigWeenMachine

Chirping
May 6, 2015
Hi, the night before last I was prepping our incubator for lockdown and while filling the water trays I knocked the egg basket off the counter and damaged 16 of the 18 eggs in there. Some have small cracks while others are pretty smashed up. I put them back in the incubator in lockdown to see if any would survive.

Does anyone have any experience with this or can give any good advice on it? I'm not sure if I should plan on helping them hatch and try to make sure they all have air and their membranes are open so they don't drown in there. Any help would be great, they are due Saturday.

Oh my gosh that is NOT good!!! That must be awful!
ep.gif

I'm sorry, I don't have any advice but I hope the outcome is okay.

-Jet

Leave them be for now, as you'll have to wait for them to absorb their blood and yolk. You'll probably have to help more than normal as I assume the shell being messed up won't be good for them zipping, if they can't just kick their way out.
I'm not sure about sealing the eggs this late in incubation, but it would help prevent drying.
If any are really very bad I had luck with a duck that had a "traumatic hatch" [she was pecked from her shell by chickens] and besides having to stop the bleeding and remove the remains of her yolk sac [broken by the chickens] she was fine.

Back
Top Bottom